NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero): NIE is a number issued by the immigration service once you get your residence card. Both EU and non-EU citizens get issued a NIE. The number is printed on your card and is your identification number during you stay in Spain. You have to use this number to fill out almost all the forms in Spain, for instance file taxes, establish a business and open a bank account etc.


DNI (Documento Nacional de Identidad): DNI is a number issued for Spanish citizens. If you have a driving license in Spain, it will be the same number. This number is wildly used in Spain.


NIF (Número de Identificación Fiscal): NIF is a number for personal tax ID. If you are a Spanish citizen, your number is the same as your DNI plus one letter. If you are a expatriates in Spain, Your NIE will your NIF. Note that your NIF won’t be automatically valid once you obtain your NIE. So you need to apply for it by yourself. For EU citizens, they can have the NIF number first; nevertheless, the application of NIE is still required after then.


CIF (Certificado de Identificación Fiscal): a NIF equivalent for companies.


Social Security Number (Número de Seguridad Social): In Spain, your first employer will issue this number for you once you start to work here. You will retain this number for your employment in the future. If you are self-employed, you have to apply for this number by yourself.

Image of How to find a teaching job in Universities in China
Rate and Comment
Image of Visa types and application procedures
Visa types and application procedures

As we know that Spain is part of Schengen group, which consists of 26 countries and shares visa rules. In this group, there is a list of nationalities

Read more →

img of

A Lawyer of foreign hiring in China, is the CEO and Founder of Teaching, a teacher employment and service provider firm that helps teachers get closer to their employers and win at securing a safe and valued teaching position in China.




Already have an account? Login here

contact us